Foot skin fungus Remedies
Whether you play sport or simply walk around in flip flops, you can be affected by athelete’s foot if you do not maintain proper hygiene or come in contact with some contaminated objects. The parasitic fungi, Dermatophytes, that feeds on other organisms causes athelete’s foot. Since the area around your feet is warm and humid, the fungus spreads faster and could even spread all over your body if neglected. It is therefore, essential to control fungal infection once it is spotted. Most of the fungal infections require medical treatment. Several home remedies are also on hand to control fungal infections. Along with medications, topical creams, ointments, home remedies and dietary changes are used to treat fungal infections.
You are more likely to get a fungal infection if you wear socks and shoes for long periods at a stretch. The common symptom of athlete’s foot is itching between the toe fingers. Scaly, rough skin, white lesions between toes, and burning of the skin are other symptoms of an athlete’s foot. There may be burning sensation, inflammation, and blisters in addition to itching.
Keeping your skin clean and dry helps prevent foot fungal infection.
Home Remedies for Foot Fungus
Several home remedies come in handy to speed up the healing process of fungal infections by controlling the overgrowth of the fungi. Given below are some of the effective home remedies for foot fungus.
- Tea tree oil is one of the most popular home remedies for foot fungus because of its antifungal properties. Since tree oil is very strong, dilute it with water and apply it on the affected area.
- Mix one part of white vinegar to four parts of water. Soak your feet for 30 minutes in this solution daily. This helps to control fungus on feet.
- Baking soda is an effective home remedy for toe fungus. Sprinkle little baking soda between the toe fingers and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy for athlete’s foot. Mix equal amount of apple cider vinegar and water and wash the affected area with this solution. Owing to its acidic nature, apple cider vinegar helps to kill microorganisms.
- Soaking the feet in a warm betadine solution helps to get rid of fungi that cause infection.
- For instant relief from burning and itching, you can use a mouthwash. Soak your feet in any antiseptic mouthwash for a while.
- Applying clove powder or clove oil and applying garlic extract on the affected area helps to get rid of fungal infection faster.
If the infection persists even after trying home remedies for foot fungus for a few days, it is essential to consult a doctor.
signs pregnancy within first 3 weeks
Home remedies for scabies2009-02-11 08:42:58 by SoapingMom
Here are a few home remedy treatments I found online:
* boil the skins of a half-dozen onions for 15 to 30 minutes in a quart of water. Let the liquid cool, then apply it liberally all over your body. (Save the peeled onions to use in cooking.)
* Make a strong tea of either rosemary or tansy by brewing 1 tablespoon of dried herb to 1 cup of water. Steep for at least 20 minutes, strain and cool. Wash the affected area with the herbal infusion as often as 3 times a day, most importantly at bedtime.
* To treat the rash from scabies apply generously to the affected area before bedtime
Not a fungi to be with . . .2012-03-24 06:20:29 by kinsey5dude
Greetings. this is a question about a relatively minor skin irritation, and alternative means people might know of to cure it.
i'm a very light skinned man of northern european extraction. i'm 40 years old, i used to have red hair, but i've been bald since my late twenties.
i lived in florida as a teen and a young adult, and i picked up a fungus that i've never managed to shake. apparently, native flordians aren't susceptible to it, but transplants like me are, and i have a skin type that's especially susceptible (my ancestors, who lived in the arctic, didn't need immunity against fungi, bacteria, and bugs that came along
Couple of things:2008-03-26 21:11:42 by -
Formaldehyde --- one of the metabolites of aspartame is formaldehyde and MANY people suffer from the side effects of ingesting aspartame (a sweeter in MANY products including diet drinks and NutraSweet). Cut out ALL aspartame in your diet for three weeks and see if you feel better. (Note: It could take up to 8 weeks to clear that chemical from your system)
I had a boy friend who had athletes foot. I lay on the bed where his feet had been and got this awful rash and itching on my legs and belly. I finally figured it out. I washed EVERYTHING with very hot water twice and then began treating my skin with spray and powder athletes foot remedies and it got better
Best prices catamaran formentera formenteraexplorer.